Dubai is probably a shoppers dream. There are famous Malls in Dubai plus some that are not so famous. There are expensive shops in Dubai but then again it is the cheapest place in the world to buy gold. The thing that is for certain is that there certainly are a large variety of choices when it comes to where you should shop. The Dubai Mall is the biggest Mall in the world by size but is it the best shopping Mall in Dubai?
When trying to determine which the best shopping venue is for you, a lot depends on what it is you want to buy. Going to the best furniture store in the world isn’t going to help you if you are looking for a pair of shoes. In general shopping Malls try to cater for every buyer no matter what their need but if you are just looking for one item, then a Mall can sometimes prove a lengthy business for just one thing.
Here I have listed 5 of what are considered to be among the best places to shop. They are situated in different parts of the city as ultimately your choice of where to shop, will very likely be determined by your location at the time.
5. Dubai Mall – This is the largest Mall, by area, in the world. It is easy to find as it is in the Burj Khalifa complex. The Burj Khalifa being the tallest building in the world should easily be recognizable. The Mall consists of 1,200 stores and 160 food and beverage outlets.
4. Al Fahidi Street – Situated in Bur Dubai, this street and its surrounding shops give a large choice at reasonable prices. The street seems to have more atmosphere than an ultra modern Mall, plus in some of the smaller shops you may be able to partake in the age old Arab tradition of haggling over the prices.
3. Souk Madinat Jumeirah – Situated near the Burj Al Arab, just off Jumeirah Beach Road, this shopping area was built to resemble a traditional Souk with its vibrant atmosphere. The combination of 75 shops and 20 popular cafes, seem to make this a magnet for the residents as well as the tourists.
2. Mirdif City Center – This Mall is the newest shopping destination. The arrival of its 430 shops also saw the arrival of hundreds of new brands to the Emirates and so probably affords the widest choice of products in Dubai.
1. Gold Souk – Situated in Deira, this is not a place that offers the variety of products that the others have but its 600 jewelry shops makes it a must see place for shoppers. This is where Dubai got its name as the City of Gold and is said to be the cheapest place in the world to buy gold.
As you can see, there is a variety when it comes to shopping in Dubai, both in location and style. This variety should ensure that you find that special thing that you are looking for, happy shopping.