New York is probably one of the most famous Cities in the world; it is certainly one of the biggest and one of the most popular to visit. That doesn’t mean that all the hotels are luxurious and expensive, it is possible to find an inexpensive hotel in New York, you just have to look.
Before you start looking for the cheapest hotels in New York City, make a list of what it is that you really need.
- How long will you be staying? Sometimes because of a special event one night could make a big difference in prices, allow flexibility.
- When are you planning to go? Prices can be seasonal or once again be affected by special events. If your dates are flexible huge savings could be made.
- How many beds or rooms do you need? Some accommodations can supply folding beds which can work out cheaper. Check how many are allowed to stay in each room; it may be an option to achieving cheaper total costs.
- Do you need a hotel with in-house restaurant or bar? Some hotels may have rooms only, if so these can be cheaper options.
- Would you be willing to stay in a hostel? If you are prepared to stay in a hostel, especially if you don’t mind dormitory style lodgings, the savings are there. There are even hostels available in the chic West End.
- What general area do you want? The further out of the city you get, the cheaper the hotels become. The New York subway system is good and you may even make more savings by using the subway to go to the attractions, as opposed to a Taxi from a nearer location.
Having made a list, search on line, probably starting with hostels, then moving up to discount hotels in New York and move up, listing phone numbers of any possibilities.
From your list you should then phone the hotels asking:
- Are there vacancies for your nights?
- Is the price you have seen, still valid?
- Are there any further discounts available, such as booking early, AAA membership, student’s discount or for booking on-line?
- Be polite but suggest you have been offered cheaper.
New York is a big city and so you will find somewhere to suit your budget, it is just a case of finding the one that is best suited to your planned itinerary.
One other option you should try in your endeavors to find suitable accommodations within your budget that is apartments. If you don’t have to stay in a hotel with all its amenities, possibly an apartment may be your answer. Some apartments are offered for rent by the day or by the week and although they may not have all the amenities of a hotel, most of them come with a kitchenette. Depending on your numbers, one suitable apartment may take the place of what would have been two hotel rooms.
One Reply to “How to Find a Cheap Hotel in New York”
Comments are closed.